Finally, you have arrived after a couple flight hours and you start to sweating, yes, it’s normal, Welcome in Bali 🙂 and congratulation, you will see, the life here is amazing.
The good thing is that you don’t need any permit or license if you fly for your own and without commercial purpose. The recreational uses are considerate as category 1, the professionals are category 2. “Drone” is the common name for a UAV system (unmanned aerial vehicle). Some Technical documentation use only UAV to designate a drone.
Before to fly your drone take notes of the different rules:
- The drone weight is maximum of 2 kilograms (see below)
- Don’t fly above 150 meters ( 500 feet) from the ground
- Be at least 18 years old
- stay away from the crowds, and vehicles (minimum 30meters)
- stay away from the profited area: 500meters (military camp etc…)
- stay away from airport airspace (15km minimum)
- Do not operate more than one drone at the same time
- Do not operate the drone under influence of drugs and alcohol
- Maximum speed 161km/h
- Stay away from the cloud (150 m below & 600 m distance)
- Minimum visibility of 4,8km
- Fly from a fixed point, do not operate the drone from a car for example
- Fly only during day time, don’t fly during the night.
- Don’t fly over the temples (see below our advice)
Special case: If your drone is over 2kg, or if you want to fly over 150m or close to a profited area you will need to be at least 20 years old and get a special permit delivered by the ministry of transportation. For this you can contact:
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation: